First up, we think it’s important that you appreciate - unlike other social sports venues - our umpires grade themselves every night and have standards to meet. Why is this important? Because when a game is controlled well, it’s more enjoyable for the players.
If you have given our Indoor Netball a read, and you want to try something you’ve never done before? Something thats unique, read on…
Walking Netball is everything that Indoor Netball is, except you must always maintain at least one foot on the ground. So thats no running, no jumping! Yes, Olympic Walking is allowed, if you so choose!
The other changes, you can hold the ball for 4 seconds not three, and you can take an extra step, a little bit like basketball. Its a step though, not a hop, jump, or stretch!
The great thing about Walking Netball, it maintains almost all the good bits of social competitive sport, while removing all the reasons you might not enjoy team sports.
- Low impact, little chance of injury, and great for those recovering from injury
- Evens the playing field, men or ladies can play, because it takes the athleticism out of the game, theres no advantage to being faster than the next person
- Its strategic, if you can’t beat someone to a spot through speed and agile, you have to beat them with smarts
- Its for all ages, children could play with their parents, and grandparents. We will be hosting family nights, 50+ and 60+ leagues, injury recovery leagues
- Its safe, indoors, relatively warm compared to outdoor activities, particularly in our climate
- Its team sports, its social, its fun, and it keeps everyone involved
- We have coffee! Come down with your friends, sit in our heated lounge and have a coffee after the game
$48 per game, 6 players on a team. Male or female, it doesn’t matter!
Go here to register your team to play our Walking Netball.